Have you recently migrated your show from Simplecast to RSS.com? Great! Now make sure directories and listeners can find you at your new home at RSS.com by placing a redirect on your Simplecast account.
Important: Do not place a redirect until your podcast is fully migrated to your new feed at RSS.com. To learn how to import your feed, read our article "How do I import my podcast from a different hosting provider?"
Redirects work like mail forwarding; They send anyone accessing your old podcast feed URL to your new feed URL. A redirect will also update all the podcast directories you distribute to, so you don't have to reach out to each one individually. We suggest keeping a redirect active for at least 45 days to make sure directories and listeners have time to be updated with your new address.
Where do I place the Redirect?
1. Log in to your Simplecast account
2. Click on the gear icon in the upper left-hand corner dropdown menu
3. Select "Distribution" from the left-hand side menu
4. Click on Advanced Settings beneath the "Main Feed" field.
5. Paste your new RSS feed URL into the "RSS Feed Direct" field, and click "Save" in the upper right-hand corner.
That's it! You have successfully set up a redirect to your new feed at RSS.com.
Testing your redirect
If you want to check your redirect to make sure it's working properly, copy your Simplecast feed URL, and paste in a new tab of your browser. If the address automatically brings you to your RSS.com feed address, then it's working properly!
How Do I Find My Simplecast Feed URL?
Removing your redirect
Redirects stay in place permanently after closing a Simplecast account.